Proven Products Driving Healthy Growth
Proven products are vital to Z-Medica's success. Our growing product portfolio offers effective solutions that help customers save money and time, making QuikClot® a product of choice across several markets.
Click Here to learn more.
Developing State-of-the-Art Science to Build Markets
Z-Medica maintains its leadership position by working with doctors, military personnel and first responders to continuously improve performance in the hemorrhage control category. QuikClot hemostatic devices can control bleeding faster and more effectively. Our products can improve medical outcomes, help reduce costs and standardize care, making them even more attractive to cost-conscious users.
Patented Technology and Committee Endorsement
Z-Medica diligently protects its innovations and has strategically developed several families of strong patents covering its products. We believe it is also critical to protect the company’s inventions by continuously expanding our patent portfolio. Z-Medica has been awarded numerous patents in the U.S. and other jurisdictions around the world. Each of Z-Medica’s commercialized hemostatic medical devices is covered by patents in the U.S. and other jurisdictions. We consider our patent portfolio to be a valuable business asset.
|Number of Patents
The U.S. Department of Defense’s Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care (CoTCCC) recommends QuikClot Combat Gauze® as the hemostatic dressing of choice for compressible hemorrhage not amenable to tourniquet use.1
Safe, Effective, Resorbable Clotting Device
Z-Medica purchased the Novacol® brand in 2014 to help deliver on its strategy to strengthen its position as a worldwide leader in hemorrhage control.
Novacol products are available in the European Union and Korea. They are primarily used to control bleeding during surgery. Novacol adheres to the bleeding surface and provides a matrix for platelets to aggregate to form a clot.2,3 The devices can be left in the body without the risk of allergic reaction.4 Novacol is fully resorbed after about six (6) weeks.5
1. Trabattoni D, Montorsi P, Fabbiocchi F, Lualdi A, Gatto P, Bartorelli A. A new kaolin-based haemostatic bandage compared with manual compression for bleeding control after percutaneous coronary procedures. Eur Radiol. 2011;21:1687-1691.
2. Wheat JC, Wolf, JS Jr. Advances in Bioadhesives, Tissue Sealants, and Hemostatic Agents. Urol Clin N Am. 2009;36:265-275.
3. Schreiber MA, Neveleff, DJ. Achieving Hemostasis With Topical Hemostats: Making Clinically and Economically Appropriate Decisions in the Surgical and Trauma Setting. AORN Journal. 2011;94.5:S4-S20.
4. Chvapil M, Chvapil TA. Antigenicity of Hemostatic Collagen Fleece in Rabbits. Jpn Pharmacol Ther. 1990;18.8:49-56.
5. Chvapil M. Tissue Reaction and Biodegradation of Implanted Hemostatic Collagen Fleece in Rats. Jpn Pharmacol Ther. 1990;18.10:179-192.